[CentOS] realm discover

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Thu Jan 21 01:03:55 UTC 2016

On Jan 20, 2016, at 5:52 PM, Henry McLaughlin <henry at incred.com.au> wrote:

> I am new to CentOS and trying to setup a Samba file server however when
> discovering domains I receive an authorisation error:
>
> [root at sssd-testing ~]# id
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
> [root at sssd-testing ~]# realm discover
> realm: Couldn't discover realms: Not authorized to perform this action

Double-posting, I see: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/256626/

Have you tried giving the domain name?  DHCP might not be getting the correct one.

(ObWarStory: We installed our system at a site a few months ago that used one domain name for their public web site and email, another for internal AD stuff, and gave us yet a third when we asked for AD login credentials.  Needless to say, neither the first nor the third were the right values, and we had to go round and round with them until they admitted the existence of the second domain name.)

Also, I’m pretty sure it’s not complaining about local permissions here.  You should not have to be root to make this work.