[CentOS] Re: Just need to vent

Yamaban foerster at lisas.de
Sat Jan 23 23:32:14 UTC 2016

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 00:20, Alice Wonder wrote:

> Sometimes the direction of UI development in gnome really angers me.
>
> For example, when selecting a font for the gedit text editor - there is no way
> to ask it to only show monospace fonts.
>
> It's a fricken text editor, that should be the default - meaning you have to
> do something special to get fonts shown that aren't monospace.
>
> Seriously, who is in charge with the UI design in gnome?
>
> Whoever it is needs to be fired.
>
> /rant

+1 (or infinity)

Hint: IMHO the gnome UI devs played to much with MacOS X and Tablets.
Seek the missing menu in the top-bar (upper end of the monitor)
The-Fqu? Extra mouse movement needed, just b/c them devs have
touchscreens? RAGE!

For me switching to XFCE as DE helped enormously in getting work
done, not getting angry at the UI all the time was a nice plus.

But, lets be honest here, not everyone will like XFCE.

  - Yamaban