[CentOS] Just need to vent

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Jan 27 15:17:36 UTC 2016

> I don't take a position in the systemd argument,
> but you said that systemd fixes lots of problems.
> It is perfectly reasonable to ask you to name one of these problems,
> perhaps the one you think is most important.

Compare any average sysv init script with a systemd unit file.
The magnitude of gross bash required to do what systemd
elegantly accomplishes with a mere few configuration directives
in a more reliable way is enough for me.

Personally, I think systemd is the single greatest accomplishment
Linux has had in so long I can't recall.

jlc