[CentOS] Intel Xorg driver for Intel HD graphics

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Wed Jan 27 15:48:34 UTC 2016

I have an older intel card (845G) that works _correctly_ only with the newer kernels (3.17+) with everything else being CentOS 6 stock.
The elrepo kernel-ml made this much easier to support.
http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-lt
I don't know if you need all the other new packages you built and installed, but at least you will not have to be compiling the kernel for yourself if you use the elrepo packages.
Note: although I am using the el6 packages, they have el7 packages.
http://elrepo.org/linux/kernel/el7/x86_64/RPMS/

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.