[CentOS] Firewalld

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 19:58:12 UTC 2016

On 01/28/2016 11:26 AM, Emmett Culley wrote:
> To my surprise, except for the interface definition for public and trusted zones, nothing seemed to be configured.  That is, none of the services were checked off that we want open at the firewall.  Also, this server is a gateway and masquerading and forwarding appears to be off as well.

Firewalld doesn't read the iptables state of the system, it relies on
its own representation of the desired configuration.  You or another
admin may have configured the iptables rules on that host using a
service other than firewalld.  For instance, you may have added rules to
/etc/sysconfig/{iptables,ip6tables} and run the "iptables" service.  In
that case, firewalld would have no information about the rules that are
present.  Check there first, then decide if you want to continue
supporting that configuration or migrate to firewalld.