[CentOS] Frustrating xsession crashes

aurfalien

aurfalien at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 21:10:04 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I was wondering if some one could give me ideas on how I can troubleshoot the following problem; log files to check, etc…

I’m running CentOS 7.2.1511 with KDE.

I login and open 1 or 2 shells.

If I leave the system alone for about 15 minutes and then try to open another shell I get the error;

Could not launch terminal client

At this time, upon clicking on the lower left hand menu, the screen goes black.

/var/log/messages;
kernel: traps: plasma-desktop[3071] trap int3 ip:7f75606db8d3 sp:7f751e264ab0 error:0

/var/log/Xorg.0.log;
AUDIT: Thu Jan 28 13:06:30 2016: 1603: client 15 disconnected

Is there anything else I can look at to help me figure this out?

Of the many weak points, GUI issues are my most weak areas of knowledge.

Thanks in advance,

- aurf