[CentOS] Re: SOT: Best strategy for automatize a flow that need user interaction

Yamaban foerster at lisas.de
Fri Jan 29 14:36:29 UTC 2016

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:09, reynierpm at gmail.com <reynierpm at ...> wrote:

> I am working in a Dockerfile but there is a "secure" MariaDB server script
> I need to run which is interactive and I don't know how to deal with this.
>
> Basically this is the flow I have follow on the script at test environment
> and is the same I want to achieve in the Dockerfile without user
> interaction by just answering as you seen on the flow below:
>
>    # /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation
[snip]

> So I need to write a bash script or something else that could handle this
> automatically but has not idea, how would you take care of this?

You have a urgend need to re-invent the wheel, no?

Have a look at the offical mariab image Dockerfile,
be aware that it was written with debian:latest as base:

  https://github.com/docker-library/mariadb/blob/master/Dockerfile.template

or, be even more clever and look at the centos/mariadb image:

  https://hub.docker.com/r/centos/mariadb/
  https://github.com/CentOS/CentOS-Dockerfiles/tree/master/mariadb/centos7

I hope this gives you some pointers to avoid wasting time,
but, each to their own, find your pesonal way.

Have a nice weekend.
  - Yamaban.