[CentOS] MATE question

Sat Jan 9 03:22:23 UTC 2016
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

I know I should go to EPEL with this, but thought to ask here in case
anyone else uses Mate and may know more about it than I do.

I had installed the MATE 1.12 packages from epel testing a few days ago,
but since that did not include some of the devel packages, I just removed
it and reinstalled all the MATE 1.10 packages from epel-7.

they all installed fine, but now my desktop has a background, and top
and bottom panels and nothing else. right-click on the desktop produces
no context menu.

Anyone know what I've missed (or messed) ?

thanks!

    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996