[CentOS] Bind fails to start after update from 7.1 to 7.2

Tue Jan 5 22:00:54 UTC 2016
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 05.01.2016 um 22:03 schrieb Emmett Culley:
> I am seeing these lines for each domain in the systemd journal:
>
> zone relationship123.com/IN: loading from master file relationship123.com.db failed: file not found
> zone relationship123.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.
> _default/relationship123.com./IN: file not found

here: relationship123.com

> If I change the zone defs to include the full path:
>
> From
>
> zone "relationships123.com." IN {
> 	type master;
> 	file "relationships123.com.db";
> };

there: relationships123.com.db

Looks to me like a typo in your configuration.

> zone "relationships123.com." IN {
> 	type master;
> 	file "/var/named/chroot/var/named/relationships123.com.db";
> };

That's not valid for the chrooted named as the path is relative to the
chroot dir.

> in the config file, named starts, but then fails to provide DNS replies with the following error for each request:
>
> general: error: zone relationships123.com/IN: loading from master file /var/named/chroot/var/named/relationships123.com.db failed: file not found
> general: error: zone relationships123.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.
>
> Nothing was changed in the named configuration prior to updating to 7.2
>
> As usual I am using systemctl start named-chroot to start the server.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Emmett

Alexander