[CentOS] what browser plugin provides Quicktime on 7.2?

Wed Jan 6 19:24:38 UTC 2016
Mike - st257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
wrote:

> > Switching my FF user-agent to claim it was my tablet's chrome let
> > these videos play fine.
> >
> > It appears that Apple's view is that page designers shouldn't be
> > coding to require the plugin -- see bottom of:
> >
> >   <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205081>
> >
> > so it's somewhat amusing that their site is doing just that.
>
> So, I followed that link and installed and set up the user agent
> switcher, as described there, and now firefox 38.5.0 ESR  plays
> apple trailers! the other posts there indicated you also needed a
> bug fix from mozilla, but they're also speaking of OSX, so I don't
> know (nor have a lot of interest) if it's OSX specificially, or
> just FF 4x or what, but it's working fine today for me on Centos 7.2.
>
> Also, I had no clue that apple served them up in anyform other than
> quicktime. HTML-5 rocks!

Sweet, I didn't realize that either.
I suppose if you were picky (and cared about your user-agent for browsing
other than Apple's site), you could create another FF profile [0] which you
use just for Apple and modify the UA for it and it only. ;-)

[0] http://kb.mozillazine.org/Shortcut_to_a_specific_profile

--
Mike