[CentOS] CentOS 6, SSD recommendations?

Thu Jan 7 21:38:22 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 1/7/2016 6:43 AM, Helmut Drodofsky wrote:
> because of high disk load we plan to move from disk (raid1) to ssd.
>

> Are there recommendations for
> - manufacturer
> - file sytem
> - raid1

I strongly recommend SSDs that have write buffer protection, implemented
via a internal bank of 'supercaps' for any sort of server application.
Suitable drives include Intel S3500, Samsung SM863/PM863, Seagate 1200.2
SAS, etc.    Note many of these come in varying levels of write
endurance, if your application is write/update intensive, such as an
OLTP relational database, you want the high write endurance versions.