[CentOS] Centos 3.8 Server Questions, SeaMonkey Mozilla and Java

Fri Jan 8 22:43:55 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 1/8/2016 2:21 PM, H wrote:
> That was not helpful - I explained that I had to run this version.

you WANT to run something completely unsupported from about 10 years ago
which apparently requires software thats known to be insecure and buggy
as all heck.       its 2015, not 2005, 10 years is an eternity in the
computer industry.

whatever this 10 year old application is you're trying to get running,
it needs to be dragged into a present day state of support.   if this
requires reimplementing the clientside applet entirely, so be it.   Do
note, Java applets running in web browsers are an almost entirely
deprecated technology as there's been a non-stop stream of security
problems with the whole java applet concept and implementation.     J2SE
1.4, a version that was new in 2002, was desupported in 2008.

re; EPEL, as I understand, EPEL drops old versions like a rock the
minute they are desupported.