[CentOS] MATE question

Sat Jan 9 06:03:12 UTC 2016
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 08:27:01PM -0700, Brandon Vincent wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 8:22 PM, Fred Smith
> <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> > Anyone know what I've missed (or messed) ?
>
> It might be an issue with a version mismatch of configuration files
> and settings.
>
> I'd log out of the graphical environment, switch to a text console (or
> boot to a non-graphical systemd target) and attempt to reset the MATE
> settings for your user.
>
> mv ~/.config/mate ~/.config/mate_old

don't seem to have .config/mate or .config/mate_old.

but after doing some more work getting rid of 1.12 files and replacing
them with the 1.10 ones, more stuff is working... i.e., all the desktop
stuff reappeared as if by magic while I was looking at something else.

There is one minor nit left, perhaps you can suggest a solution:
the right-click menu on the desktop wallpaper used to have an entry for
"open in terminal" but it now doesn't. Any idea how to re-add it?

thanks!

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked