[CentOS] How to get UEFI setting by shell?

Sat Jan 23 19:49:11 UTC 2016
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016, 5:25 PM John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> yeah, I just realized, duh, secureboot on a VM is not an issue at all,
> so never mind all that.

It is an issue. Hyper V gen 2 has supported UEFI with Secure Boot enabled
by default for a few years.

> I do think the whole secureboot thing is a bad idea on a general purpose
> computer system, seems like an attempt at creating product lock in and
> turning the x86 PC into an appliance, which it really isn't.

It's precisely general purpose computers that are most susceptible to what
Secure Boot prevents. What the alternative?

Chris Murphy