[CentOS] Where did network setup goes under setup utility in CentOS 7?

Fri Jan 29 19:46:09 UTC 2016
Nick Bright <nick.bright at valnet.net>

On 1/29/2016 10:42 AM, reynierpm at gmail.com wrote:
> In CentOS 6.7 I ran setup command and I could configure network settings
> from that "gui" utility at command line. In CentOS 7 I don't know where
> this goes or how to enabled. I have installed a few packages:
You're looking for nmtui. I went through this pain recently, so I'll
share a few things you're going to want to know about the firewall &
network manager.

Configure the firewall with firewalld-cmd.

Don't use --permanent with firewalld-cmd, instead do all of your changes
then run:

    firewalld-cmd --runtime-to-permanent

Even though firewalld-cmd seems to allow you to change the zones of
interfaces, it doesn't work like you'd think it does by reading the
documentation. Instead, use:

    nmcli con modify ens224 connection.zone trusted

Adjusting your ens224 and zone as necessary, of course. This is the only
way I've identified which will consistently and permanently change the
connection zone.

If yum updates network manager or firewalld, you need to reload the
services for the tools to work correctly; especially after a fresh install!

    systemctl daemon --reload

This will reload all the daemons.

-  Nick Bright                                -
-  Vice President of Technology               -
-  Valnet -=- We Connect You -=-              -
-  Tel 888-332-1616 x 315 / Fax 620-331-0789  -
-  Web http://www.valnet.net/                 -
- Are your files safe?                        -
- Valnet Vault - Secure Cloud Backup          -
- More information & 30 day free trial at     -
- http://www.valnet.net/services/valnet-vault -

This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the addressees hereof. This message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.