[CentOS] No GUI with CentOS-7.2

Wed Jan 6 00:50:07 UTC 2016
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Sylvain CANOINE wrote:

> Could you share your whole Xorg.0.log ? Do you use a custom xorg.conf, or
> custom xorg.conf.d files ? Opensource Ati driver, ou proprietary blobs ?

Thank you for your interest.
I am running CentOS-7 installed from CentOS-7-x86_64-LiveKDE-1503.iso
and later upgraded to CentOS-7.2.
The only packages I have installed have been from CentOS and Epel repos.
I'm sure the ATI Radeon driver is open-source.
The Radeon firmware comes from the kernel-firmware package -
I don't know if any of that is proprietary?
There is no xorg.conf file,
I assume this is replaced by /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/* .

I'm attaching Xorg.0.log - I don't know if that is allowed here?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net