[CentOS] How to get UEFI setting by shell?

Sat Jan 23 00:25:17 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 1/22/2016 3:42 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 01/22/2016 02:38 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> for that matter, what about a VM running on a service like Amazon AWS
>> (or pick your virtual server environment) ?    AWS provides a remote
>> console, doesn't it?
>
> AWS doesn't offer UEFI Secure Boot, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.
>
> It seems like you're reaching for criticisms of mokutil because you
> don't like it, rather than because there is a demonstrable problem
> with it.

yeah, I just realized, duh, secureboot on a VM is not an issue at all,
so never mind all that.

I do think the whole secureboot thing is a bad idea on a general purpose
computer system, seems like an attempt at creating product lock in and
turning the x86 PC into an appliance, which it really isn't.