[CentOS] How does Live CD find OS's?

Sat Jan 23 20:36:39 UTC 2016
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> If I boot into CentOS on my home server from a Live CD or USB stick
> and go to Troubleshoot, it lists OS's it finds on the machine.
> How does it find these OS's?
> Presumably it looks through all the partitions on all the hard disks
> for something that looks like an OS?
> But how exactly does it identify an OS?

Live CD does not have a troubleshoot boot sub menu option. This is
available with non-lives like DVD and netinstall images. The "rescue a
system" option uses the 'rescue' or more recently the 'inst.rescue'
boot parameter, which tells anaconda to run the text rescue mode, and
all of that code is found in anaconda and python-blivet.

--
Chris Murphy