[CentOS] Just need to vent

Mon Jan 25 09:28:43 UTC 2016
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au>

I personally love Gnome3 on Fedora. It took me about a week to adjust my
mindset though -- I did that over a Xmas break.

It did help that I read the release notes first (so I was not surprised at
the major change) and went through the tutorial the developers provided.

An interesting exercise re-examining and critiquing old workflows and
exploring alternatives.  It works really well on the smallish laptop that I
use while commuting and which I plug into a couple of monitors when I get
to work.  Its great the way it frees up screen real estate and encourages
me to focus on "what I am doing" rather than distracting me with "things I
might want to do".
​
Reading the release notes before installing an OS is a really good idea.​
Fedora and RedHat do a really good job with their release notes.