[CentOS] Just need to vent

Mon Jan 25 15:56:21 UTC 2016
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 18:41 +0500, Micky wrote:

> Alice, your rant is just whining.

It is pertinent. It is lucidly expressed and many concur.

> It's open source. If you don't like it, modify it.

That can be an onerous burden especially when one lacks knowledge and
time.

> You cannot compare something which you basically get for free to what is
> funded by for-profit companies.

Of course Alice can. All of us can. Hopefully it is constructive
criticism.  Seeing good software being replaced by less good, less
useful and more awkward software usually provoke the software's users to
protest.

Free software should be funded. In the European Union (28 member states)
funding could easily be provided by the EU to support Open Source
Software. Just consider how much government cash M$ has received (USD
billions). A few million Euros to OSS is certainly desirable.

As a C5 Gnome 2 user I dread G3 when I move my desktop to C6. Mate seems
an alternative.  Anyone know more about the G2 folk ?

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.