[CentOS] Hardware Support of CentOS 6: Mini-PC

Tue Jul 12 12:58:51 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/12/2016 06:03 AM, Earl A Ramirez wrote:

>> WRT CentOS 7, we are maintaining a very current LTS kernel for IoT
>> boards that works with CentOS 7 x86_64.
>>
>> It should work well with new devices:
>>

> I would have to agree with Yamaban, even though CentOS 7 is maintaining a
> very current LTS kernel, new devices that has Skylake processors simply do
> not work. You can't even install CentOS on these devices because the kernel
> will not load.
>

>> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/experimental/
>>
>> (Both i386 and x86_64 have the 4.4.x LTS kernel)
>>
>> For CentOS 6, there are the ELRepo kernels (ML and LT):
>>
>> http://elrepo.org/linux/kernel/el6/
>>
>> and the xen kernel:
>>
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/virt/x86_64/

There is a newer installer here that should install on problematic
Skylake machines:

http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/

The isos are:

CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1602-99.iso
CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1602-99.iso

If people are having issues with those ISOs we can make others.

In fact, Brian Stinson may have an installer that uses the 4.4.x kernel
for IoT boards, which we might be able to share if there are major
issues that can't be solved with the above ISOs.