[CentOS] installing centos 7 32 bit i386 to laptop

Fri Jul 29 05:13:25 UTC 2016
geo.inbox.ignored <geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com>

On 07/28/2016 08:05 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 7/28/2016 5:11 PM, geo.inbox.ignored wrote:
>> i would very much like to install 7-32
>
> why? your 2009 vintage low end mass market laptop is hopelessly
> underpowered by today's standards, you should stick with software thats
> approximately as old as it is.  however, the Semperon SI-42 is, I
> believe, a 64 bit capable CPU, so why not run native x86_64 win 7 on it?

===>

you are very correct. not in question to your knowledge, i did run a
search to locate info on cpu for my knowledge.

what caused my thinking to be in error is there is a label to right of
rest pad that states 'Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit'.

chemo brain again. 8=\

run 'win 7', no way in hell do i run oos.

this lt came with oos 7 already installed. after i tricked the oos 7
partition a few times to reduce size, i repartitioned drive with oos
down to sda1= 1.6 GB system, sda2= 43.0 GB oos 7, sda4= 8.4 GB recovery,
sda3= extended sda5= 1.1 GB boot, sda6= 3.1 GB swap, sda7 thru
sda10= 11 GB linux os, sda11= 84 GB home, sda12= 66 GB open use.

only reason i left oos 7 is that if i ever, God forbid, am forced to
lower my self, it is installed. only times i have booted oos was during
repartitioning to see if it had problems with sda3. it did not, i have
not booted oos again. i did pull an update package, do not recall which
and i burned the 3 dvds. that i all i have done with oos.

during the writing of this, i started pulling 7.1511 on tower.

i do thank you for bringing it to my attention. very much appreciated.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=