[CentOS] how to use python 2.7 by default instead python 2.6 on centos 6.8

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jul 4 16:26:25 UTC 2016

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, John Hodrien wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, qw wrote:
>
>> centos 6.8 comes with python 2.6. But I want to use python 2.7 to build
>> gstreamer sdk. I have built python 2.7 and installed it into my custom
>> directory. How to set centos to use python 2.7 by default instead of python
>> 2.6?
>
> Don't.  If you try to swap out the standard python with another one, expect
> almost everything you hold dear to break.

John Hodrien's reply was done well.

Such replies are so rarely done well that I thought it worth noting.
Often it's just "Don't", "Don't do that" or "Don't do that, it's stupid".

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards