[CentOS] Help sought for email problem

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jul 7 17:55:56 UTC 2016

Am 07.07.2016 um 15:19 schrieb Timothy Murphy:
> My home server is running CentOS-7.1
> I'm running postfix and dovecot on it.
> I collect email from a few sources with fetchmail
> and move it to ~/Maildir/cur/ with procmail.
>
> Or at least, I did do this.
> For some reason procmail has stopped doing its job,
> and the email that I collect is finishing in /var/spool/mail/tim/
>
> I can't work out what has caused this,
> or what the cure is.
> I haven't changed postfix or dovecot config files,
> or .procmailrc.
> I did stop and re-start postfix and dovecot on the server,
> which I haven't done for some time,
> so it is possible some earlier upgrade has come into play.
>
> Any advice or elucidation gratefully received.

You will have to give us more details about your setup. Can we guess
that fetchmail directly hands the mail to procmail as the MDA? If so
verify that your procmail recipe is really used. Enable verbose logging by

VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all
LOGFILE=/desired/path/to/procmail.log

If your fetchmail setup involves postfix or dovecot, then please provide
details.

Things do not start to behave differently without a system change. So
think about what you might have changed. Any updates applied? While
saying so, you hopefully run CentOS 7 latest and not 7.1.

Regards

Alexander