[CentOS] Re: NetworkManger creates extra bonds; is this a bug?

Yamaban foerster at lisas.de
Mon Jul 11 16:23:38 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:47, Joe Smithian wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Thanks for your comments. What's the purpose of creating spurious ‘bond0’?
> It's confusing. Is it anywhere documented?
> Every time I restart NetworkManager it creates another bond0!
>
> Joe
[snip]

For me the soution was to create a script that removes the "bond0"
when NetworkManager is stopped, I have it integrated into the
NetworkManager.service via a drop-in scriptlet into the dir
"/etc/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service.d/"

here is my scriptlet:
/etc/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service.d/remove-bond0-at-stop

[code]
# remove "bond0" interface at stop, it will be re-created at start
[Service]
ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/bash /path/to/shellscript
[/code]

sadly the shell script has been lost since, with the move to
a machine with 10GbE interfaces.

  - Yamaban.