[CentOS] Broken output for fdisk -l

Hersh parikhh1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:34:07 UTC 2016

I tried to run fsck on /dev/sdc drive and here what I got.

[root at localhost ~]# fsck /dev/sdc
fsck from util-linux 2.23.2
e2fsck 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013)
fsck.ext2: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read
while trying to open /dev/sdc
Could this be a zero-length partition?
[root at localhost ~]# fsck /dev/sdc1
fsck from util-linux 2.23.2
e2fsck 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013)
fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sdc1
Possibly non-existent device?