[CentOS] Help with C7 start script

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Jul 18 15:41:21 UTC 2016

Under the old C6 I put an entry in rc.local to run my programs I want. We
will call it /path/boot.sh
Worked fine.

Under C7 I have created a new service file for systemd. It looks like:
---------------
[Unit]
Description=Company
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/path/boot.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

-----------
For the most part this works every time on boot.

However - when I do a "yum update" and the kernel changes part of my
boot.sh is to
detect that kernel change and recompile some of my drivers.
The kernel change is detected and the recomiling starts - but after some
time the
process just stops. If I rerun it manuall it will then complete as normal.

So my question is  - Is my service script above not complete? Is they
system looking for
it to exit in a certain amount of time and it hasnt exited so it KILLs my
script ?
something like that ?

What is missing from my script so it does not kill it after some time ?

Thanks

Jerry