[CentOS] yum install error http 403

李明伟

kramer2009 at 126.com
Tue Jul 19 05:38:01 UTC 2016

Hi

When I install package on CentOS7 with below command :

    yum install <package_name>

I will hit errors like:

    # yum install  httpd
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    http://centos-distro.1gservers.com/7.2.1511/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Trying other mirror.
    To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article

    https://access.redhat.com/solutions/69319

    If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please create a bug on https://bugs.centos.org/

The link need an RedHat Product Series Number to access but I do not have one. So not read yet.

I did a few search can sure about below information:

    1. Do not using http_proxy in my env
    2. SElinux and firewall is closed
    3. yum clean all do not help

I also try to replace all files in my /etc/yum.repos.d with files from a working machine. But still have error.

One more thing I did is to add

    timeout=9999
    minrate=0

in /etc/yum.conf. Because if I do not do this. There will be error like :

    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    http://centos-distro.1gservers.com/7.2.1511/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 12] Timeout on http://centos-distro.1gservers.com/7.2.1511/os/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: (28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1000 bytes/sec transferred the last 30 seconds')
    Trying other mirror.

Please help me to look this. Thanks very much