[CentOS] CentOS 6.7->6.8, ssh-add issue, followup, more info

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Tue Jul 26 21:11:43 UTC 2016

Assuming
1) that /etc/pki/nssdb/ has been populated with all the appropriate and current gov certificate authorities (CA).
certutil -L -d /etc/pki/nssdb/ #list the CAs
2) that you are using the RH/CentOS stock openssh*rpm files.
3) that you have not also gotten a newer card in the same time period, which happens to use a CA that is not in /etc/pki/nssdb/

Have you tried a third different set of ssh commands to use the cac:
ln -s /etc/pki/nssdb/*  ~/.ssh/ #make the certificate authorities available to ssh*
ssh-add -D #clear out any existing sigs
ssh-add -n #use nss to access the cac

Also on some boxes coolkey gets disassociated from nss, and I have found the simple
yum reinstall coolkey
fixes it, may need to logout/reboot as it affects a bunch O'stuff (and been a while since I had the problem).

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.