[CentOS] CentOS 6.7->6.8, ssh-add issue, followup, more info

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 26 21:17:40 UTC 2016

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane wrote:
> [...]

I tried ssh-add -e, and it also said "unable to connect to agent".

> ssh-add -n #use nss to access the cac
>
> Also on some boxes coolkey gets disassociated from nss, and I have found
> the simple
> yum reinstall coolkey
> fixes it, may need to logout/reboot as it affects a bunch O'stuff (and
> been a while since I had the problem).

I could try the reinstall, but it's very odd - everything worked, and now,
after the upgrade, it doesn't. Oh, and here's another twist on this: Under
6.7, if I'd logged into my webmail via firefox, and while that was
happening, I stuck my AA ("Logical token" card) into the keyboard slot,
and used it in logging onto one server (using sccr), it just chugged
along. Now, at 6.8, *everything* in firefox hangs - even a google search,
until I pull the card out of the keyboard. It's clearly trying to
authenticate the client, not just the server....

         mark