[CentOS] how to build rpm

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:03:06 UTC 2016

On 29 July 2016 at 05:12, qw <applemax82 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For software development, projects are built through makefile. After
> building, I can run binary program. rpm is more convenient. Is there some
> tool that can build rpm?
>
> Thanks!

Rather than googling for articles, which unless you have the experience
already to filter the chaff from the wheat, here's a link the an article I
wrote a little while back.

https://www.hogarthuk.com/?q=node/11

It'll take you through building a minimal package, fedora guidelines (which
even for personal/internal stuff can help keep clean easier to maintain
spec files), usage of mock for clean builds and repo creation.