[CentOS] installing centos 7 32 bit i386 to laptop

geo.inbox.ignored geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:18:32 UTC 2016

On 07/29/2016 02:52 AM, Peter wrote:
> On 29/07/16 18:10, John R Pierce wrote:
>> also, try and scrounge another DDR2 SODIMM for that thing, according to
>> my google search, it supports up to 2 x 4GB == 8GB, and you said you
>> only have the stock 2GB.
>
> They are dirt cheap on ebay, from Hong Kong with free shipping.  I would
> go all the way and max it out.

===>

when buying memory or hdd, i check both ebay and amazon for price,
warranty and shipping.

last purchases i made were all from amazon.

1 TB sata hdd, 2 ddr 1x2 GB memory and a power supply for an emachine.

1 TB sata hdd, 2 ddr 1x2 GB memory for tower box.

turned out emachine had more than a power supply, so 2nd hdd and power
supply went into tower box.

tower box is oem mainboard for ide drives, bought an ide2sata adapter for
it. now it has 2 1 TB sata drives, 1 250 GB ide and 1 ide cd/dvd r/w drive,
1 usb cd/dvd r/w usb drive, 1 hd 3.5 floppy, 1 dc2120 tape drive on floppy
controller, 1 dc2120 / travan on scsi controller.

no front cover so all drive will fit and have access.

i tricked it with a 3 position momentary-center-momentary switch for
reset | off | on.

i took a much needed nap while pulling 7 x86_64 iso. it was not until i
started to run checksum to verify that i saw i pulled the 'everything'
iso file. now have the 4.0 GB dvd iso file.

rebooting to install correct iso.

back later. again.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=