[CentOS] CentOS6 - Stop NUX Skype auto-start with gnome desktop

Wed Jul 20 12:33:56 UTC 2016
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

How does one configure Skype/Gnome such that one can have Skype
installed but not auto-start when the Gnome desktop opens?

I have looked in the 'System/Preferences/Startup Applications' menu
but Skype is not listed there.  There are no options in the
Application itself that allow this setting either.

If there no other way then I will remove the application package and
re-install when I need it.  But surely there is a way to control this
behaviour and the problem is that I simply cannot find it.

Thanks.

Canada  L8E 3C3