[CentOS] how to use python 2.7 by default instead python 2.6 on centos 6.8

Mon Jul 4 15:26:33 UTC 2016
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, qw wrote:

>> Don't.  If you try to swap out the standard python with another one, expect
>> almost everything you hold dear to break.
>
> I want to build gstreamer sdk on centos by using cerbero, which is of python
> program and demands python 2.7. How to make centos 6.8 choose python 2.7 by
> default instead of python 2.6, so as to build gstreamer sdk?

Personally I'd think of this in a much more SCL style than thinking about
changing the default python.

https://www.softwarecollections.org

You don't need to make your whole system use a new python, just the new bits
you're building that need it.

jh