[CentOS] CentOS 6, mptfusion software?

Tue Jul 12 17:48:57 UTC 2016

Hey, Valeri,

Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Tue, July 12, 2016 12:19 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>>    Got an older Dell R410, with an LSI 1068E PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS
>> (rev 08). It *appears* that a) trying MegaRaid, and b) from what I'm
>> googling, that what I need are mptfusion-related packages.
>> Unfortunately, yum shows me nothing available in base, epel, or
>> rpmfusion. Am I looking for the wrong thing, or does anyone have a
>> source (no, I haven't looked at LSI, sorry Avago's website, which I
>> don't find overly friendly...)
>>
> I happen to have Dell R410 that runs CentOS 6. Here is what I've got (I'm
> obliterating hostname below):
>
> # uname -a
> Linux *******.uchicago.edu 2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 31
> 21:57:07 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> # lspci
> 02:00.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068E
> PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 08)
<snip>

Ok, I can legitimately claim to being sick (home yesterday, seeing a doc),
so that's my excuse for not finishing what I was looking for: I want
something like MegaRAID that will understand the drives, so that I can
figure out which drive just failed and replace it. There's no
blinkinlights, no clue... and based on the two that were *not* light, but
were mounted, it's one of the two on the left that *are* lit, and I'm
assuming RAID 1 here.

Thanks.

        mark