[CentOS] LSI SATA MegaRaid & Centos 7 build 1511

Tue Jul 26 18:10:09 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 7/26/2016 10:20 AM, Fawzy Ibrhim wrote:
> I want to install Centos 7 latest build on NEC Server 5800/120b-2.
>
> The installation wizard fails to detect the storage connected to LSI SATA MegaRaid PCI.

which megaraid card?  they've made quite a lot.   lspci will list the
card type...

linux will only see storage on a megaraid thats configured as a logical
unit (eg, put in a raid).  this can be done via megacli, or via the BIOS
firmware.