[CentOS] LSI SATA MegaRaid & Centos 7 build 1511

Tue Jul 26 18:21:51 UTC 2016
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

On 07/26/2016 12:20 PM, Fawzy Ibrhim wrote:
> Dear All;
>
> I want to install Centos 7 latest build on NEC Server 5800/120b-2.
>
> The installation wizard fails to detect the storage connected to LSI SATA MegaRaid PCI.
>
> Centos 5/6 were working fine with this H/W configuration but not the case with Centos 7.
>

> Please; advise.

A number of older storage and network drivers were purged from the
kernel with the release of el7. If this hardware is old enough, it's
entirely possible that it's no longer supported out of the box.

--
Jim Perrin