[CentOS] Thunderbird .desktop file is renamed in version 45.2

Thu Jul 28 00:15:03 UTC 2016
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

On 07/11/2016 09:45 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> I was starting my Thunderbird via a script and I thought I would post
> that the name of the desktop file has changed to help anyone else who
> was running the desktop file from a script.
>
> Old path was:
>
> /usr/share/applications/mozilla-thunderbird.desktop
>

> New Path is:
>
> /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop
>
> Thanks,
>
> Johnny Hughes

Gee! I have been tearing my hair out with Thunderbird since the latest
update.
It seems no matter what I do from my gnome2 Application Preferences to
tell TB to use my default browser, firefox, pretty much NOTHING happens
to links in email unless FF is already open.

This new desktop file you referenced here actually works -- well mostly.
It at least asks me to choose an app for links and says I can change it
through prefences -- well now I can once it's entered SOMETHING.
There seems to be NO way to add default app. GRRR!

OK, at least this is a start. I have NO idea why the 45.2 TB has caused
so much grief!

MzK

"Time spent with cats is never wasted."
                   -- Sigmund Freud