[CentOS] installing centos 7 32 bit i386 to laptop

Thu Jul 28 18:38:36 UTC 2016
geo.inbox.ignored <geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com>

On 07/28/16 12:31, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 7/27/2016 11:36 PM, geo.inbox.ignored wrote:
>> when i am trying something new, as i am now, i like to pull files so
>> i have them local. saves going back online if i mess something up and
>> have need again.
>
> then, ideally, pull down a copy of the whole '7/*/i386/' tree of the
> altarch respository, and put it on a local http file server, then you
> can point the CentOS-*.repo's directly to that and yum will fetch from
> this local repo.

===>

being 'frugal', yet a short step of 'gung ho', i am saving pages i have
already logged and some of the linked pages. if while reading a page and
i need to read a page i do not have, i am back at site pulling that page
and it's links. after a few more trips to site, i just may well have the
whole all of 7 32 bit.

my current count sites that i have pulled is over 250. when i get my new
'playstation' boxen, this one will become my 'local web server'. then i
will have to figure out how to run a bot to keep it updated. ;=)

while i am at it, please allow me to pick your brain so i can refresh my
forgetful chemo brain.

after the 7-32 fiasco, in attempt to recover grub boot, i booted 6.8
install disk in rescue mode, when in sh, ran chroot /mnt/sysimage.

there is where chemo brain filed.

what is command to restore boot to 6.8 install. it has been a very long
time when last had need. now when i do, recall fails me.

--

peace out.

-+-
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8

tc,hago.