[CentOS] how to build rpm

Fri Jul 29 04:24:21 UTC 2016
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:12:51 +0800 (CST)
qw wrote:

> For software development, projects are built through makefile. After
> building, I can run binary program. rpm is more convenient. Is there some
> tool that can build rpm?

There are numerous articles that can be found through google that describe the process.

I personally find it easiest to find a rpm with a structure that's similar to what I want to create, and  use that spec file as a pattern.

You will want to install rpmdevtools on your computer so you can build and test rpms as a user instead of root.