[CentOS] Speaking of firefox updates

Fri Jun 17 15:32:34 UTC 2016

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2016, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> I haven't gone past 38, because when the 45 update came out, and
>> video...like, say, my *required* training from work, when I tried
>> to run it, it crashed firefox. Repeatedly. 100% of the time.
>>
>> Has anyone been using the current version had trouble with video, etc?
>> I'd like to update, but not if I can't do required training....
>
> I would assume you've got an old version of ffmpeg installed on your
> system, *and* that you've updated to 45 but not the latest version
available.

> Is that the case?

Btw, I did just update flash-plugin. Does anyone know what the issue was
that caused the video issues in the first release of 45, and whether those
issues were resolved? Also, were they occurring in C7? Unless that's the
case, it's not just me, but I've got several dozen users to update, and I
cannot do that, if I don't know if it will break them.

          mark