[CentOS] HFSPlus Question

Albert McCann

albert.mccann at outlook.com
Wed Jun 1 01:59:33 UTC 2016

In CentOS 7.2.1511 does the 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.centos.plus.x86_64 (Plus)
kernel read HFSPlus iMac drives? I don't see any hfsplus modules installed
anywhere, so I suspect not. My sister's 17" iMac died, and I'm trying to
recover the drive. If it spins up, I'd like to copy it with dd.

I see that Elrepo has kmod-hfsplus and hfsplus-tools, will these work with
the Plus kernel?

I still have to pull the drive from that infernal iMac case, so can't test
yet.

Thank you for any clues, my Google-foo isn't finding anything on the Plus
kernel and HFSPlus.

---
I yam Popeye of the Borg. Prepares ta beez askimiligrated.