[CentOS] [exim] Exim not always logging Message-ID

Always Learning

centos at u68.u22.net
Thu Jun 2 16:03:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 13:27 +0100, Mike Brudenell wrote:

> My point is that a busy sysadmin shouldn't have to rely on intimate
> knowledge of Exim's internal behaviour and oddities when trying
> tracing a message from the logs.

Some of us, well at least 1, have written a simple PHP programme, run on
Apache, which instantly searches the current log and the archived logs
for anything in the logs.

Tracing items in Exim could not be quicker or easier - all done from the
comfort of a web page with no terminal CLI or GREP insight.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.