[CentOS] vnc on C7

cpolish at surewest.net cpolish at surewest.net
Thu Jun 2 16:14:59 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-02 09:42, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 07:56:37AM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> > Then when I use something like vncviewer from a windows laptop into the
> > linux desktop
> > I get the password prompt, but the next screen says "oh no, something went
> > wrong".
>
> That sounds like the desktop environment (Gnome3) is failing, probably
> because its a compositing desktop environment and fails because it
> can't use GL.
>
> You could try it with a desktop manager other than Gnome3.

Hi Jerry,

Hope that works. If not, I'm suspicious that the file copy
created a file with the wrong (default) SELinux context, which
you could confirm with "ls -lZ", and fix with restorecon.
Also you can run "ausearch --success no --interpret -ts today"
to check the audit log for permissions issues that silently
escape notice.

Hope that helps,
--
Charles Polisher