[CentOS] FYI: http

Always Learning centos at u68.u22.net
Thu Jun 2 22:39:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 16:25 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> what you put into location bar, instead of jut going directly to that
> location? Helps filling search providers databases, especially if they
> fed
> you unexpiring cookie. But not all of search engines do that crap,
> duckduckgo doesn't as far as I know.

Yesterday part of England's wired Internet network broke down circa
03:15 GMT.

When I tried, in Firefox, to access local web sites hosted on the server
I was working on, Firefox could not find the domains. Instead I got a
circular revolving display indicating Firefox was trying to connect to
the site.

All those local domains had non-internet names (e.g. no .com / tld etc.)
and have IP addresses (10.22.22.124) in /etc/hosts

When the Internet is working, I never had a problem. So perhaps you are
correct, Firefox is sending local domain names and everything typed into
Firefox's URL slot to Google for people monitoring purposes ;-)

How can one disable this latest privacy abusing tactic ?

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.