[CentOS] Centos 6.8 GDM possible bug: can't log into another user

Gilbert Sebenste

sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Wed Jun 8 18:08:02 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Since I upgraded to CentOS 6.8 last week, I am having an issue whereby I
log out, and then it attempts to log me in as the same user. I then click
on another user and try to log in, but it instantly blows me right out
and back to the login prompt for the original user. I do have GDM set up
to auto-login at boot to a particular user in /etc/gdm/custom.conf, but it
has always allowed me to log into another account while on the Gnome
desktop, sitting in front of the computer. Has anyone else seen this
issue?

Gilbert