[CentOS] setting up auto logout in CentOS 6

Vanhorn, Mike michael.vanhorn at wright.edu
Thu Jun 9 18:15:23 UTC 2016

>So, I’ve found that if you want to enforce gconf policies for workstations, you need to put them in /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory.

I tried using that, and it still doesn’t automatically logout. In face, the value I set in gconf.xml.mandatory doesn’t seem to get noticed at all. I set them to different values, and ‘gconftool-2 --get’ still shows the default values that I set in /etc/gconf/schemas/gnome-session.schemas.

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu