[CentOS] Getting hibernate to work on a new CentOS 7.2.1115 install

Globe Trotter

itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 15:45:59 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am a new CentOS user (quite familiar with Fedora 1-23+) and I decided to try a new install of CentOS on a ASUS R503U.

However, I can not get hibernate to work. I try:
systemctl hibenaate
and I get:
Failed to execute operation: sleep verb not supported
Btw, the problem does not go away with super-user.

I was wondering how to get around this issue. I would like the abililty to hibernate and come back in the last state.
Thanks!