[CentOS] scp via another server

J Martin Rushton martinrushton56 at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 12 18:28:46 UTC 2016

On 12/06/16 18:07, H wrote:
> On 06/12/2016 05:21 PM, J Martin Rushton wrote: $ scp
> svr2:/path/to/source svr1:/path/to/dest
>
> You'll get twice the network traffic since the copy is running on
> your workstation (or whatever).

> This did not work even though the same user is authenticated on
> both servers and I have no problems ssh'ing into either of the two
> servers. The message is "permission denied."
>
> Presumably some problem with being recognized on both systems?

It sounds like it.  Try:
$ ssh svr1 pwd
$ ssh svr2 pwd
If they work without asking for a password then there is a deeper
configuration issue.  If you do get prompted for a password then you
need to sort out your access.  If the username differs try
<user>@<host> both for the ssh test and the scp command.