[CentOS] scp via another server

cpolish at surewest.net cpolish at surewest.net
Sun Jun 12 18:51:42 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-12 19:07, H wrote:
> On 06/12/2016 05:21 PM, J Martin Rushton wrote:
> >
> > $ scp svr2:/path/to/source svr1:/path/to/dest
> >
> > You'll get twice the network traffic since the copy is running on your
> > workstattoin (or whatever).
> >
> > On 12/06/16 15:40, H wrote:
> > > I normally use ssh to log into a remote server, change directory
> > > and then use scp from there to copy files from another remote
> > > server to the first one.
> > >
> > > Now the first server has been hit by continuous error correction
> > > messages from the ECC controller, all of which are corrected, and I
> > > am unable to get a command line to issue the required commands to
> > > change directory and then run scp from the other server. I have no
> > > problems, however, getting into the first server - except for being
> > > drowned by the error correction messages and the server seems to be
> > > running "fine".
> > >
> > > Until I am able to get to the server and investigate, is it
> > > possible to accomplish the above on a single command line, thus
> > > avoiding seeing the error messages? I should add that both the
> > > first and second server are set up to accept keys and not passwords
> > > so at least I don't have to worry about that.

Try changing kernel console log level to 0, possibly:

   echo '0 0 0 0' > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

should take effect instantly. You _might_ be able to do this
remotely via ssh. Also possibly can do via magic sysrq + 0.

(see: RHEL 6 Deployment Guide (rev 3.1 2011-05-19) Appendix C pp.537-538)

HTH, HAND,
--
Charles Polisher